Inscription: Tai-ching Tung-pi
Note: Struck at Chin Mint (Peiyang Arsenal), Tientsin.
In outer ring:
– Right to left: 午丙 = 1906, year in Chinese calendar.
– Right to left: 部戶 = Board of Revenue, minting authority.
– Right to left: 文十錢制當 = value.
In inner ring:
– Top to bottom and right to left: 大清銅幣 = Daqing Tongbi, meaning “Copper coin from the Qing”.
– At centre: 直, mintmark on raised disk.
部 幣 銅 戶
Legend: Kuang-hsü Nien-tsao, TAI-CHING-TI-KUO…
Dragon facing in inner ring with flaming pearl at centre; lettering in outer ring.
TAI-CHING-TI-KUO COPPER COIN
Translation: Made under Guangxu era